SOS FOR OUR WILDLIFE IN CRISIS
In the face of the ongoing, horrific and completely unprecedented devastation of wildlife and habitat across our country please consider making a donation to support those wonderful wildlife carers, rescuers and veterinarians desperately trying to help those animals that have survived. Many will have severe injuries and all will find their familiar territory transformed to an alien landscape without shelter, food or water.
Below is a list of some of the Wildlife Care, Rescue and Veterinary groups dealing with this horrific crisis in NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Queensland.
If anyone has information for Western Australian groups covering the fire-affected areas (I believe mostly in the SE of the state at present) let us know. Or indeed any other organisations in particular need or which you can vouch for – this list can be added to.
It is only a small selection – but we are truly in uncharted territory and these groups need your help now more than ever before. THANK YOU!!
- WIRES Inc (Wildlife Rescue): https://www.wires.org.au (Statewide)
- NSW Wildlife Council: https://www.nwc.org.au/resources/injured-wildlife-find-your-nearest-rescue-group/ (This is the NSW peak body for wildlife rehab organisations and has a list of regional groups if you would like to help a particular area)
- Vets Beyond Borders: https://www.vetsbeyondborders.org
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-thirsty-koalas-devastated-by-recent-fires (This has already raised over $2.5m since end of October)
- Koalas in Care Inc: https://www.koalasincare.org.au (Based on mid-north coast)
- Kangaroo Island Wildlife Network: https://kiwildlifenetwork.wixsite.com/kiwn
- Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park: https://kangarooislandwildlifepark.com/? (Managing a lot of the triage work on Kangaroo Island)
- South Australian Veterinary Emergency Management (SAVEM): https://www.savem.org.au
- Fauna Rescue of South Australia Inc: https://www.faunarescue.org.au
- Tasmanian Wildlife Rehabilitation Council Inc. https://taswildlife.org
- Wildcare Tasmania (Wildcare Inc): https://wildcaretas.org.au/donations/
- Koala Rescue Queensland Inc: https://www.koalarescueqld.org
- Wildcare Australia Inc: https://wildcare.org.au (based in S-E Queensland, founded by veterinarian Dr Jon Hanger who has been a powerful advocate for tree-clearing reforms in Queensland)
- Wildlife Rescue Queensland: https://wrq.org.au (based in Moreton Bay area)
- Currumbin Wildlife Hospital: https://currumbinsanctuary.com.au/hospital (Gold Coast and hinterland)
IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA: F.A.W.N.A: https://www.fawna.com.au
- Animals Australia: https://animalsaustralia.org/take-action/donate/
- Humane Society International: https://action.hsi.org.au/page/52184/donate/1? (Supporting local carers & delivering truckloads of water and supplementary feed for wildlife in fire areas)
- RSPCA: https://www.rspcansw.org.au/bushfire-appeal/ (Helps domestic and farm animals as well as wildlife)